Well, let's try this again.
After somehow deleting the first draft of my Top 25 All Time Idol Performances, then getting a bloody nose that ruined my shirt and shorts less than a minute later, I have now been blessed with the rare privilege of being able to start all over again from scratch with a new change of clothes and an empty canvas.
Ain't I fortunate! So happy right now. Feeling almost overwhelmed by a flood of warm, fuzzy, snuggly, kissy, yummy thoughts!! Want a hug? Oops, hold on... think I'm about to have a giggle attack! Yep, here it comes!
"Tee-hee! Tee-hee! Tee-hee!"
OK, then, moving right along...
First, knowing that some of you reading this are unbalanced head cases who will fly into a fit of rage after reviewing my list, or at the very least presume I'm fucked in the head (not such a big stretch), I've decided to clarify for everyone the rules of my entirely subjective Top 25.
- No artist gets more than 3 songs, even if I like some of their additional songs more than others that made the list.
- It's all about me and what performances I like the most. No other criteria was considered. Some blew me away, others made me cry, others were uber creative, others turned me on, and some were all of the above. Hey, it's my list, damn it!
- If a song had multiple BIG moments with different performers I've eliminated it from my list.
- My rankings are a loosely based order. If I were to create a new list next week I'd probably rearrange several spots, so don't nitpick me.
* * *
1. Kelly Clarkson - Stuff Like That There
2. Phillip Phillips - Home (coronation)
3. Haley Reinhart (with Tony Bennett) - Steppin' Out With My Baby
4. Candice Glover - You've Changed
5. David Cook - Eleanor Rigby
6. Crystal Bowersox - Saved
7. Bo Bice - In A Dream
8. Candice Glover - Lovesong
9. Haley Reinhart - Rolling In The Deep
10. Pia Toscano - I'll Stand By You
11. Kris Allen - Heartless
12. Janelle Arthur (with The Band Perry) - Done
13. Phillip Phillips - We've Got Tonight
14. Adam Lambert - Mad World
15. Amber Holcomb - What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life
16. Kimberley Locke - New York State of Mind
17. Kelly Clarkson - A Moment Like This (coronation)
18. David Cook - Billy Jean
19. Chikezie - She's A Woman
20. Candice Glover - I'm Going Down
21. Crystal Bowersox/Lee DeWyze - Falling Slowly
22. Phillip Phillips - U Got It Bad
23. Jordin Sparks - On A Clear Day
24. Haley Reinhart - Fallin'
25. Haley Scarnato - Tell Him