Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Official Kenny Poo Top 25 Idol Performances of All Time



Well, let's try this again. 

After somehow deleting the first draft of my Top 25 All Time Idol Performances, then getting a bloody nose that ruined my shirt and shorts less than a minute later, I have now been blessed with the rare privilege of being able to start all over again from scratch with a new change of clothes and an empty canvas. 

Ain't I fortunate! So happy right now. Feeling almost overwhelmed by a flood of warm, fuzzy, snuggly, kissy, yummy thoughts!!  Want a hug? Oops, hold on... think I'm about to have a giggle attack!  Yep, here it comes!

 "Tee-hee! Tee-hee! Tee-hee!" 

OK, then, moving right along... 

First, knowing that some of you reading this are unbalanced head cases who will fly into a fit of rage after reviewing my list, or at the very least presume I'm fucked in the head (not such a big stretch), I've decided to clarify for everyone the rules of my entirely subjective Top 25.
  1. No artist gets more than 3 songs, even if I like some of their additional songs more than others that made the list. 
  2. It's all about me and what performances I like the most. No other criteria was considered. Some blew me away, others made me cry, others were uber creative, others turned me on, and some were all of the above. Hey, it's my list, damn it!
  3. If a song had multiple BIG moments with different performers I've eliminated it from my list.
  4. My rankings are a loosely based order. If I were to create a new list next week I'd probably rearrange several spots, so don't nitpick me.
So, without further ado, allow me to present to you the "Official Kenny Poo Top 25 Idol Performances of All Time!"

*  *  *

1. Kelly Clarkson - Stuff Like That There


2. Phillip Phillips - Home (coronation)



3. Haley Reinhart (with Tony Bennett) - Steppin' Out With My Baby



4. Candice Glover - You've Changed




5. David Cook - Eleanor Rigby



6. Crystal Bowersox - Saved



7.  Bo Bice - In A Dream



8. Candice Glover - Lovesong



9. Haley Reinhart - Rolling In The Deep



10. Pia Toscano - I'll Stand By You




11. Kris Allen - Heartless




12. Janelle Arthur (with The Band Perry) - Done



13.  Phillip Phillips - We've Got Tonight



14.  Adam Lambert - Mad World



15. Amber Holcomb - What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life




16.  Kimberley Locke - New York State of Mind



17.  Kelly Clarkson - A Moment Like This (coronation)



18.  David Cook - Billy Jean



19. Chikezie - She's A Woman



20. Candice Glover - I'm Going Down




21. Crystal Bowersox/Lee DeWyze - Falling Slowly


 
22. Phillip Phillips - U Got It Bad



23. Jordin Sparks - On A Clear Day



24. Haley Reinhart - Fallin'



25. Haley Scarnato - Tell Him


6 comments:

  1. What, no Stefano Langone??? This is a travesty:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of which, just saw an interview where Fano talks up the single life since a messy breakup 7 mos ago. That's just after the TMZ fiasco when Haley got savaged and he didn't have the decency to defend her. Coincidence?

    Anyway, we certainly know who the villain is in the "bashing stupid boys" album she recently recorded. Hopefully, she's learned her lesson about dating pretty boy douchebags, and moves on to dating better caliber, higher character guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, but the harshest critic of my list is probably me. Everytime I look at it I say, "wow, I should have moved this here and that there, and replaced this, and changed that."

    I am truly my own worst critic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've missed so many seasons of Idol that I don't qualify to comment on the entire list. So just a couple of quick bits...Glad to see you include Crystal's duet with Lee- so often forgotten and it was a riveting moment. I played that video over and over, and added it to a playlist just a couple weeks ago. Also glad to see Kelly's coronation song get some love. It's a bit sappy, sure, but what a moment, and the first. For Phillip, I might have switched one of your picks for Beggin - but then it's hard to pick which one to sub out. Love that you did this!
    ~ Mary (Gypsy Rose)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work Ken- you hit some of my all time favorite Idol performances (Pia, of course, was a no-brainer)."Mad World" "Falling Slowly" and "Heartless" are still in my iPod rotation how many years later? I would have put Jordin's "I Who Have Nothing" instead of "On A Clear Day"- but that's just me.

    But really - Haley Scarnato? Was that a commentary on the hot pants or her vocal prowess? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oh, and Kenny Poo by law cannot reveal the reason s for his selections. ;)

      Delete