* * *
So, here are my quick thoughts on the Grammys!
- Cindy Lauper - Congrats on that highly convincing celibacy advocacy look! Just in case anyone may have been having sex during the awards show, you did your part to put a stop to it.
- Same Love - STFU already with the gay preaching shit. Be gay, don't be gay, I really don't care how you like to fuck. Live your life. The spectacle is getting old and overplayed. Enough.
- Lorde - What a youthful 41 year old she is! Can you say this generation's female Keith Richards?
- Love the memoriam montage the most. Always chokes up the Poo.
- Phillip Phillips - WTF, how did he get shutout of the nominations? Dude had a platinum album with two multi-platinum singles in his first shot out of the box, and nothing? Something smells wrong here.
- The old fart country duets with Willie, Kris, Merle and "youngster" Blake was epic. Especially the awkward moment when Merle came on after Willie singing about being an Okie not smoking marijuana or having long hair. lol
So, I spent a wonderful weekend visiting my mother in Clearwater. She loves to drink as much as Poo, so we had great bonding and lots of good booze. Had the hangover drive of drives today back to SoFlo, but it was really a nice time and worth the pain.
I will never drink again. By never, I mean today and tomorrow. 48 hour detox sounds about right.
* * *
Crystal (Mama) Bowersox had a NY Rock Exchange "Shareholders" meeting, which was a Q/A with fans who bought special promotional songs she released. Fellow former Idolette Didi Benami showed up as a special guest, and brought a light and fun mood. Also sang some sweet background harmonies. They both seemed to be feeling no pain during the "shareholder meeting", and their bantering was most entertaining.
Best part: Crystal gave Poo a very kind and special shoutout, and finished it with a magnificent belch. Love ya, CB! You are a true Poo favorite. Hope you meant it when you said you were planning a SoFlo show down the road.
Also, Poo asked Crystal if she would dig opening for another Poo favorite Phillip Phillips, and she said definitely. She considers him a true artist and is thrilled for his success. Therefore, Poo is "putting it out there into the universe" (as Crystal loves to say) with the hope it can help make this happen.
* * *
So, who ever woulda thought a teenage kid with shitty parents, who gets a windfall of unimaginable fame and fortune, would become a spoiled, dysfunctional little punk on a dangerous road to ruin? I know I'm shocked. Seriously, I hope he'll get his life together before it's too late. These stories all too often end badly.
* * *
Florida has taken the first step towards legalizing medical marijuana by getting the necessary signatures to put it on the ballot. It's beyond shameful and hypocritical that cigarettes and powerful narcotics are legal, but a kid with seizure disorder, like my son, can't get medical marijuana to treat it because it might be a gateway? Fuck off to all the lying sacks of shit who are trying to peddle this horseshit.
In fact, legalize it period. I don't even like weed, gives me an unpleasant high so I don't smoke it, but there is no justification beyond total corruption to keep it illegal. Enough is enough. End the charade, and make pot regulated and legal like it is in Colorado and Washington.
* * *
OK, I'm done Pooing. Until next time...