Friday, October 19, 2012

On My Mind Friday


Random contemplation, observation, rumination and whatever the hell else you wanna call the thoughts that clutter my easily distracted mind...

******

With a nonstop bombardment of round-the-clock political news coverage, advertising, telemarketing, debates, discussions, blogs, tweets, polls and speeches, the fact that our presidential election somehow hinges on the 1%. scares the hell out of me.

No, by 1% I'm not talking about a particular economic class, special interest group, religion, age demographic, race or ethnicity, but the confoundedly brain dead dolts who somehow still remain undecided. Who are these people? I've never in my life met an undecided, and really don't want to. How oblivious/mentally ill do you have to be not to know who you'll vote for by now, and what could possibly help these dysfunctional people make up their mind at this point?

******

Haley Reinhart's delicious thighs...

 ******

I've never seen a team go from riding such a high to brutally shitting the bed as dramatically as the Yankees did in the American League Championship series vs the Tigers. After decisively knocking off Baltimore in the divisional round, the Yanks were on a roll and looking like the team to beat - especially since the Tigers barely got by Oakland and had to use super ace Verlander to clinch their Game 5 victory.

Down goes Jeter, to the bench goes A-Rod, and in the tank go the Yankees in four straight after the most anemic batting performance in MLB playoff history.

******

Pia Toscano's rockin' bod...

******

My Florida Gators vs Spurrier's South Carolina Gamecocks tomorrow night in a critical matchup. Winner has the inside track to the SEC championship game. Will I be watching? Does the pope shit in the woods? Is the bear Catholic? Hoping to hear a snippet of Haley Reinhart's "Hit The Ground Running" on the highlights after Florida spanks those Cocks. GO GATORS!

******

My little girl is on her first trip away this weekend. Up in NY doing The City with my inlaws. Yeah, I miss her...

****** 

Just downloaded Hananeel from iTunes. It's a Jazz fusion band featuring Keith Phelps (Haley Reinhart's piano man) on keys. Their sound reminds me a bit of Spyro Gyra. I'm normally more into the traditional jazz styles, especially smokey/bluesy jazz, than jazz fusion, but my early impressions are very positive. I'll give a full review sometime next week after I've had a chance to give this LP a good long spin. 

******

Our Rabbi at my synagogue just had a baby boy!  First one after starting with 5 straight girls. Think he's a little happy right now? Big celebration tonight (called a Shalom Zachar), and a lot of good scotch will be flowing. Bris is on Monday morning, and lots of good lox will be flowing.

****** 

Please extend your thoughts and prayers to Pia Toscano's father. He's apparently very ill right now, and God-willing should enjoy a speedy recovery so that he can celebrate all the wonderful things that lie ahead for him and his family.

****** 

OK, folks, that's enough rambling for today.  TGIF!


~Kenny Poo

No comments:

Post a Comment